Making a will is a gift of love
There is a way to help your loved ones sort the finances out after a death- Make a will
How much does a will cost?
- This will depend on your needs, whether you come into the office, and how complicated your will is, whether you need tax planning advice and how long is spent on your case.
- Here are examples of our current charges. They are based on an average case with you coming into see our wills expert Clive at the office.
- We do offer home visits and we can attend hospitals and care homes if you require we do make a charge for this service to include the time that we spend travelling to and from your appointment.
TYPICAL CHARGES FOR:
Your Will currently excluding VAT this are subject to review
A Simple Will –
a short will with only a few gifts and no complications -
£110.00 per will + VAT
A Husband and Wife Simple Will
“His and Hers” Will Set – a short will for both in very similar terms with no complications and no discretionary trust -
£ 187.50 + VAT
Single Will with Discretionary Will Trust -
a detailed will appointing trusted individuals (trustees) to hold some or all of the assets for a group of specified beneficaries to distribute the assets as they see fit but in accordance with your expressed wishes.
starting from £ 155.00 + VAT
His and Hers Wills with Discretionary Will Trusts -
“His and Hers set” – discretionary trust wills for you both in similar terms
starting from £262.50 + VAT
Lasting Power of Attorney@forths
What are they?
If you become mentally incapable of looking after your financial and other affairs you cannot appoint anyone to make those decisions for you and a costly application will have to be made to the Court of Protection.
This application would not be needed if you appointed someone before you became mentally incapable to make those decisions.
Making a Lasting power of Attorney is the way to make that appointment
- No two cases are identical and therefore costs will vary depending on the nature of the Power ,the extent of the property concerned, whether you require homes visits etc.
- A tailored estimate of the cost will be provided at the outset of your case
- Home visits are available if needed subject to a charge for travelling time and expenses
TYPICAL CHARGES FOR:-
Lasting Powers of Attorney ( LPA)
One Lasting Power of Attorney relating to either property & affairs or personal welfare including application for registration – for one person
from £500.00 + VAT AND a registration fee (£130.00) is payable to Office of Public Guardian before LPA can be used
One Lasting Power of Attorney – relating to both property & affairs and personal welfare including application for registration, – for one person
from £800.00 AND a registration fee (£260.00) is payable to Office of Public Guardian before both LPAs can be used
Special Discounted Price for His and Hers LPAs i.e one each
If the documents are in similar terms there will be a discount of £ 50.00 + VAT from the bill for the second LPA.
What do you need to know?
Unlike Enduring Powers of Attorney which cannot be created after 1st October 2007 and which is effective immediately unless it is cancelled.
Lasting Powers of Attorney must be registered BEFORE they can be used
The Registration process is currently very lengthy; please do not delay in contacting us as no legal action can be taken without the specific permission of the court which can also take some time to obtain even on an emergency basis.
Why not pop in and see us for your free Will Health Check we will tell you:
- if your current will is effective and valid
- if it is right for you.
- If you need a Lasting Power of Attorney
- what the effect of home fees may be and if some life time planning is sensible